Vera Farmiga as: Colleen Goodwin
Directed by: Duncan Jones
Selected Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Monaghan & Jeffrey Wright
Written by: Ben Ripley
Release Year: 2011
Genre: Action / Sci-Fi / Thriller
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Colter Stevens, a US Army helicopter pilot whose last memory is flying in Afghanistan, wakes up on a commuter train. However, he discovers that he has assumed the identity of another man.
8 minutes later, the train explodes and Stevens finds himself in some kind of pod. He then talks to someone named Goodwin, who tells him he has to go back and find out who the bomber is. He is sent back to go through the whole thing again and attempts to find who the bomber is but fails.
The bomb goes off and Stevens finds himself in the pod again. He is sent back another time, yet still cannot find out anything. When he returns, he asks what is going on. Goodwin and Rutledge, the scientist in charge, tell him that he is part of a project that can put someone in another person’s consciousness during the last 8 minutes of their life. Stevens then asks why he cannot just stop the bomb. He is told that…
• Filmed in USA and Canada (view all.)
• Vera stated that she took the role just at the start of her pregnancy in February 2010. She knew that in that scenario she would be unavailable for the next 10 months. She filmed her scenes in 10 days.
• Topher Grace was considered for the lead role.
• Beleaguered Castle, the company that runs the Source Code project, takes its name from a variation on the game of solitaire.
• None of the sessions in the Source Code actually last 8 minutes of screentime. The third session is the longest, taking 7 minutes and 30 seconds.