Vera Farmiga as: Teresa Gazelle
Directed by: Wayne Kramer
Selected Cast: Paul Walker, Cameron Bright, Chazz Palminteri, Karel Roden, Alex Neuberger & Elizabeth Mitchell
Written by: Wayne Kramer
Release Year: 2006
Genre: Action / Crime / Drama / Thriller
MPAA Rating: R
Joey Gazelle is a low level mob flunkie who get told to dispose of a gun used for killing some dirty cops. Joey however, hides the gun in the drywall of his basement instead of tossing them in the river. When Joey’s 10 year-old son and his best friend, Oleg, witness Joey hiding some guns from a botched drug deal, Oleg steals the gun – a snub-nosed .38 – and shoots his abusive stepfather with it.
Things would be bad enough if the stepfather didn’t happen to be the nephew of a psychotic Russian mob boss… who happens to be in business with Joey’s crew on a gasoline scam. But now Joey’s also got the surviving dirty cop from the botched drug deal on his case… and that hot .38 out there on the street, changing hands in an underworld of freaks, pimps, hookers and pedophiles.
As well as Oleg, who can connect Joey to the gun. And even if Joey can make it through the night, he’s still got to answer to his wife…
• Filmed in Czech Republic and USA (view all.)
• 2 nominations (view all.)
• Thomas Jane declined the role of Joey Gazelle due to scheduling conflicts. Paul Walker, was a second choice.
• The medicine bottle that Oleg uses to find the address of Dez and Adele’s apartment is a prescription for Zovirax, a medication used to treat Cold Sores.
• Wayne Kramer was shocked to find out that the movie got the R rating on the first submission. He states in the DVD commentary that he thought that he would get NC-17, but he luckily didn’t.
• Detective Rydell, the character played by Chazz Palminteri, is named after actor/director Mark Rydell, the director of The Cowboys, a film referenced many times in this film.
• The word “fuck” is said 328 times.