Vera Farmiga as: Corinne
Directed by: Vera Farmiga
Selected Cast: Taissa Farmiga, Donna Murphy, John Hawkes, Nina Arianda & Joshua Leonard
Written by: Carolyn S. Briggs
Release Year: 2011
MPAA Rating: R
Depicts the landscape of a tight-knit spiritual community thrown off-kilter when one of their own begins to question her faith. Inspired by Carolyn S. Briggs’ memoir, This Dark World, the film tells the story of a thoughtful woman’s struggles with belief, love, and trust.
Faith, love and honesty are the cornerstones of this story of a woman who learns that no matter how many times she loses her footing, she has within herself all that’s necessary to get to a higher place.
• Filmed in USA (view all.)
• 4 nominations (view all.)
• Vera also starred in the movie Quid Pro Quo (2006) with Joshua Leonard.
• Vera’s husband, sister, grandmother, her son Fynn, her husbands grandmother and sister starred in the film as well.
• The film was shot in 26 days and for less than a million bucks. Vera was also pregnant with her second child.
• At the therapist’s office, the wall clock is clearly not working as the second hand is not moving.